“I had an experience recently. I feel like it was extraordinary, and it is a testimony to me about how the Lord can use us to do his work if we are in the right place and receptive to the spirit.
I had just completed a session at the Draper Temple and was leaving the dressing room when I felt the prompting to put the name of a friend on the prayer roll. As I wrote her name an OVERWHELMING feeling of love filled me from head to toe, and a warmth surrounded me. In my entire life I've never felt anything like this.
I could not get this off my mind and later actually in the middle of the night felt a strong prompting to call my friend and tell her my experience and how much God loves her. So what I had felt was God's great love for my friend and He needed me to tell her.
The next morning I did call her and told her of my experience the temple and that I was just a messenger to tell her of God's love for her. She was silent for a bit and then I heard her crying. The story spilled out about one of the hardest days of her life involving a very difficult decision. She did not actually tell me of the details of that until a couple of weeks later, however, in the course of our conversation she pinpointed the time of her troubles to right when I was in the temple session. At the time I received a prompting to put her name on the prayer roll she was on her knees pleading with the Lord for a solution to a problem. She told me how desperately she needed to know of His love for her.
I wondered right off why the Lord did not just send this wonderful feeling to my friend as she prayed. Why was I even in the mix? I'm not sure but I will be forever grateful that I was. Maybe the answer lies in the fact that both of us are blessed to know that God watches over us in our trials and he sends promptings to those around us to come to our aid.
Extraordinary? It was to me.”
Yes it is- thanks so much for sharing!
No comments:
Post a Comment